- The default license for a feed is X.
- The default license can be overridden by an explicit license, for example, by one of the Creative Commons' licenses.
- In all cases, fair use is allowed.
- We need to educate people -- feed publishers, feed consumers, & feed re-publishers -- about #1, #2, and #3.
- Feed production software should encourage people to explicitly specify how their outgoing feed is licensed.
- Feed consumption and re-publication software should display a feed's license and display a warning if a user tries to re-publish a feed whose license does not permit re-publication.
My role, if any, in this is in #4-6: user education and user interface improvement. These are the areas that I always seem to be drawn to.
Hashtag: #copyright-an [?]
Post & Read Comments (located elsewhere)
Post & Read Comments (located here)
Each item © Nancy McGough
Each comment © the author of the comment
Deflexion.com web site hosted by DreamHost.com
← More deflexions & reflexions, & feeds available via the sidebar top &
For bookmarks & links, please use