- Email Hosting: I'm in the process of pointing the DNS MX records of the domains that I use in email addresses to TuffMail. I chose TuffMail because 1) they use the software I would use if I were setting up my own email server and 2) John Capo, the owner/admin, seems to really know his stuff based on the email conversations I've had with him.
- Email Filtering: Now that I finally feel comfortable writing Procmail recipes, I'm switching from Procmail to Sieve.
- Email Clients: Pine and Horde/IMP. Horde/IMP 4.0+ supports 1) saved searches across multiple mailboxes and 2) the IMAP flag command. These two features are essential for dealing with my gigs of saved messages.
- Web Hosting: I'm going to convert the Infinite Ink site to a MediaWiki wiki, which will be hosted at WikiDev.net. I chose WikiDev.net because Gabriel Wicke, the owner/admin, is one of the MediaWiki developers and seems to know a lot about optimizing MediaWiki servers, including math markup (which I need so I can get back to writing about Mathematics).
- Blog and Discussion Group: These will be merged and I'm not sure what software I'll use. Possibilities include a Gmane-linked mailing list and MediaWiki's built-in Discussion pages.
- Shared Bookmarks: These will continue to be based on Del.icio.us and fed to my web.
- Making a Living: My plan has always been that Infinite Ink is a commercial business. That's why I chose a .com domain name back in 1993 and that's why I copyright everything I write. I'm not sure how to make a living from Infinite Ink, but I often think "Wouldn't it be nice if everyone who read my Procmail Quick Start or my IMAP Service Providers page or my Continuum Hypothesis article, paid $1." I wouldn't be rich, but I'd be happy. If I implement a payment system, it will be voluntary.
Hashtag: #whats-going- [?]
Post & Read Comments (located elsewhere)
Post & Read Comments (located here)
Links to this page
Each item © Nancy McGough
Each comment © the author of the comment
Deflexion.com web site hosted by DreamHost.com
← More deflexions & reflexions, & feeds available via the sidebar top &
For bookmarks & links, please use