- The Deflexion.com web site, which is where comments are initiated, gets very few visitors (~50 per day).
- I've customized the Blogger template and the language [**] so that automated spam tools might not be able to automate spam comments.
- Google does a good job of dealing with Blogger blog spam.
- I do no SEO (search engine optimization), for example I have not claimed my blog at Technorati and I don't ping a bunch of search engines whenever I post.
Why use Bleezer to blog?The default Bleezer configuration, which is what I used, automatically pinged the blogosphere about my one-sentence "this is a test" blog item. And some people, who seem to have been playing SEO games, instantly linked to my recent blog items with hopes of generating some traffic from my fresh live blog.
- Advertise. Ping Technorati, weblogs.com, ping-o-matic, Pingoat, or any other service.
So, my advice, if you want to have a low-key friendly blog, is to not play any SEO or popularity games and simply plod along posting about things that you think are interesting and after years of doing this, you will probably have a nice little community. That's been my strategy and so far it seems to have worked. Thank you to everyone who helps to make this a friendly and interesting little blog community!
[*] I used to use CAPTCHAs on this blog, but a few months ago I decided to lower the barrier to commenting and removed them.
[**] At the moment I'm using French as the template language, but I periodically switch the language.
Hashtag: #my-no-seo-bl [?]
Post & Read Comments (located elsewhere)
Post & Read Comments (located here)
You know, I'm sure you're onto something. The blog-spammers are probably picking up fresh "targets" by monitoring the tide of new pings coming through blo.gs, weblogs.com, and so on... it makes sense.
Links to this page
Each item © Nancy McGough
Each comment © the author of the comment
Deflexion.com web site hosted by DreamHost.com
← More deflexions & reflexions, & feeds available via the sidebar top &
For bookmarks & links, please use